State Bank of India Mobile Number Registration | SBI Mobile Number Change Application Form | State Bank Of India Customer Care Number
It’s always a good idea to have your phone number associated with your savings account(s). It will not only assist you in keeping track of all transactions but will also notify you promptly if an unauthorised transaction occurs in your bank account. To use the Internet Banking service, you must have your mobile phone registered with a State Bank of India (SBI) savings bank account. If your cell number isn’t linked to your SBI bank account, you won’t be able to use the Net-banking service. Here’s the procedure for State Bank of India Mobile Number Registration with your SBI savings account if you haven’t already.
State Bank of India Mobile Number Registration Procedure
If you do not have your mobile number associated with your bank account, you can do so by going to your bank’s home branch or an SBI ATM.
To register your mobile number at an SBI ATM, follow these steps:
1. Swipe your card and select the ‘Registration’ option from the menu.
2. Enter your ATM PIN (Personal Identification Number).
3. Select the option to register with a mobile phone number.
4. Type in the phone number you’d want to register. If you have input the correct number, select the ‘correct’ option.
5. Enter your phone number again and choose the ‘right’ option. “Thank you for registering your mobile number with us,” says the message on the ATM screen when you do so. You will receive a call from the contact centre within three days.
6. An SMS will be issued to your phone number with a reference number.
According to the SBI call centre, you will receive a call from the contact centre within three days. To be safe, have the call centre representative mention the reference number. Continue the call only if the reference number matches the one you received by SMS.
After that, you must validate your personal information before your mobile phone may be linked to your bank account. The bank will send you an SMS verifying the transaction.
Update Your State Bank of India Mobile Number
To alter their registered mobile number using their SBI internet banking account, consumers must follow the steps outlined below:
- Visit the official banking page of the State Bank of India.
- Click “login” to your personal account once you’ve arrived at the page.
- Use your username and password to access your internet banking account.
- Click the “profile” tab on the top bar of the screen on the main page of your internet banking account.
- Choose the “personal details” link from a list of alternatives on the page, such as manage beneficiary, select account nickname, change online banking account password, and so on.
- Your personal information, such as your name, email address, and phone number, will now be displayed on the website.
- Click “submit” after entering your internet banking password.
- Select “change cellphone number”.
- Choose between using an OTP (one-time password), an ATM PIN, or calling the SBI support centre to proceed.
- Now select “create new request”.
- Then, as part of the verification procedure, enter and re-enter your mobile number.
- Select “submit”.
- If you selected the OTP option, an OTP will be delivered to the phone number you entered.
- To continue, enter the OTP and click “OK.”
- Your phone number will then be either registered or linked to your bank account. The bank will send you a confirmation message regarding the change of your registered mobile number. If you haven’t made the request yet, call the bank right away.
- After that, you must validate your personal information before your mobile phone may be linked to your bank account. The bank will send you an SMS verifying the transaction.