Health insurance is the insurance that helps an individual overcome his medical expenses. It includes all expenses that are incurred because of illness, accident, or injury. The best part of this insurance is that it also covers the planned surgeries and operations. In this article, we will provide you with detailed information on Health Insurance, How it works, the Top 10 Health Insurance Providers in India, etc.
Table of Contents
What is Health Insurance?
Health insurance is medical insurance, it helps to cover mostly all medical expenses of the user. If the individual has taken good health insurance then they don’t have to pay any expenses related to health, it covers OPD visits, day care treatment, and hospitalization. The insurance companies are giving many facilities to the policyholder like cashless treatment or they pay back the money according to the claim submitted. The main objective of Medical insurance companies is to help the individual at the time of medical crisis. The insured can pay the premium on a regular basis and then can ask the health insurance company to provide financial assistance when needed.
These days it is very important for a person to take health insurance for his whole family. A healthy Life style will definitely take you towards healthy life but a medical emergency can occur at any time. So that is the time Health Bima works as a shield for the individual.
How Health Insurance Works
At the time of accident and emergency, medical insurance is the only tool that will help to deal with the expenses of hospitals. Now, we will discuss how health insurance is helpful and how it works-:
- This is a very simple process; the individual will decide what plans he wants to go for.
- After considering medical conditions, age, and sum insured the company will provide you Premium quotes.
- It is possible that the company may ask for a few medical tests so that they will sure that u may not have any serious illness.
- After finalizing the terms are conditions, the company will offer you the policy.
- Every policy has its own conditions some come with waiting periods.
- After one month, the individual is eligible to take benefits of the policy.
- After the completion of the waiting period if a patient wants surgery or operation to be conducted in a network hospital then the insurance company will directly pay to the hospital for all expenses that are covered.
- There are some additional expenses that an individual has to pay at the time of discharge
- If the individual wants to be operated in a non-network hospital then, he can pay all the bills and later file for a reimbursement claim.
Benefits of Health Insurance
- Health insurance includes all hospital pre and post-expenses. The people don’t have to pay anything to the hospital if he has taken cashless health insurance.
- An individual can also get a tax rebate if he is paying a premium for insurance.
- Health Bima helps the person deal with the increasing hospital cost. With the latest technology in hospitals, these days the cost of taking treatment in hospitals is very high.
- There are many critical illnesses that are being noticed these days because of changes in lifestyle. The majority of the insurance policy covers critical illnesses so, in the end, you don’t have to pay a huge amount.
- Various medical bima companies are now providing cashless claims. The companies have contacted many hospitals and made a deal to provide cashless claims to the patients. This facility will help the individual not to worry in times of emergency.
Best Health Insurance Companies in India
- Bajaj Allianz insurance
- Bharti AXA Health Insurance
- Care Medical Insurance
- Aditya Birla Medical insurance
- Cholamandalm Medical insurance
- Digit Medical insurance
- Edelweiss Medical insurance
- Future Generali Medical insurance
- IFFCO Tokio Health insurance
- Kotak Mahindra Medical insurance
Important Documents Required
How to Apply Online/Buy Health Insurance Plans in India
There are many ways to apply for medical insurance. The best platform to apply for health policy is online here; you can compare different policies and decide which you want according to requirements.
- Enter the Official website of the company you want to buy/apply for Medical Insurance.
- The Homepage of the Official Website will open
- Click on Medical Insurance
- Fill the form with all details age, name, income, phone no, city, etc.
- Click on view plans options.
- Select the plan, and request for quote.
- Fill in all the required information like Name, Mobile Number, Email ID, etc
- Upload the documents like Aadhar Card etc.
- Select payment mode, and confirm payment.
- You will receive confirmation.