HDFC Bank Account Opening Online | HDFC Bank Account Opening Form | Which Saving Account Is Best In HDFC Bank | HDFC Bank Account Opening Minimum Balance
HDFC Bank has launched out a number of savings accounts that cater to the particular demands of each and every one of its clients, keeping in mind their need to earn high returns on deposits and save for the future. Customers can receive a higher rate of interest on their deposits in the HDFC Bank Savings Account. Customers can choose from a variety of savings accounts based on their financial situation, such as a Regular Savings Account, SavingsMax Account, Women’s Savings Account, Kid’s Advantage Account, and so on. The article will provide you with details related to the HDFC Bank Account Opening Process and other related topics.
Table of Contents
HDFC Bank Account Opening Process
- Candidate must complete the application form. In order to avoid the application being rejected, all the fields need to be filled. If one has trouble filling out the form, he or she can seek assistance from any HDFC Bank official. Customers can apply for an account in person at any HDFC Bank branch or online at the HDFC Bank homepage.
- Once the above-mentioned documents have been prepared and the form has been completed, the individual must submit the form together with the KYC documents to the HDFC Bank branch of their choice. In the case of an online application, the completed form and supporting documents must be uploaded.
- The executive at the bank will verify the documents to confirm that the name, date of birth, address, and other information on the KYC documents and the information on the application form are same.
- Following the verification process, the account holder will be required to make an initial deposit, which will be determined by the savings account’s minimum balance requirement. Also, at the cash deposit desk, you will be able to make your first deposit. Zero-balance savings accounts will not require any deposit.
- Once the deposit formality is completed, the executive will now provide you a debit card. Along with it, the executive will also provide you the necessary bank documentation for the savings account.
Eligibility Criteria for HDFC Bank Account Opening
Customers must meet certain eligibility conditions in order to create a savings account with HDFC Bank.
- The person applying for this savings account must be an Indian citizen.
- Except in the case of a minor savings account, the applicant must be at least 18 years old.
- Along with the account opening form, the applicant will be needed to present acceptable KYC documents showing his or her identity and residence.
- When opening the account, the applicant will be required to make an initial deposit, which will be determined by the savings account’s minimum balance requirement.
Documents Needed for HDFC Bank Account Opening
Any individual who intends to open a savings account with HDFC Bank must provide the following documents:
- 2 latest passport size photographs
- Proof of identity – Driving license, Passport, Voter’s ID card, etc.
- Proof of address – Driving license, Passport, Voter’s ID card, etc.
- Form 16 (only if PAN card is not available)
- PAN card
Things to be Done Before Opening a Savings Account with HDFC Bank
Individuals should investigate some features of the account before opening one with HDFC Bank to determine if it is right for them. They are as follows:
- Customers must examine the interest rate on deposits for that specific savings account. The interest rate determines your return on deposits, hence knowing it before selecting a savings account is very important.
- Customers must first review the savings account’s minimum balance requirement to see whether it fits their budget. Simultaneously, it’s a good idea to double-check the penalty costs for failing to maintain the minimum balance, just to be safe.
- Customers should double-check their account’s daily transaction and withdrawal limits.
- The applicant should examine if there are any additional fees for cash withdrawals made with checks, as well as the monthly withdrawal limit at ATMs other than HDFC Bank.
Customer Care Number of HDFC Bank
|Customer Care Number
|Delhi / NCR
Savings Account Holders at HDFC Bank: Safety Tips
- If you believe a transaction was made without your permission, you should inform your bank right once.
- You should check your bank statements on a daily basis to check if there has been any fraudulent activity and to maintain track of your finances – both in and out of your account.
- After you’ve opened the account, make sure your account password and PIN are never shared via email, SMS, or social media.
- If your debit card is lost or stolen, you should immediately call HDFC Bank customer service or block it through your net banking account to have it done for you.
- On online merchant websites, don’t save your bank account information. Also, make careful to close the page as soon as you’ve made an online purchase, and only shop on websites that are secure.