How to Change SBI ATM Pin Online & Offline Process | Reset SBI ATM Pin | SBI ATM Pin Change through SMS, ATM, Net banking, Yono App
A four-digit PIN authorizes ATM transactions (Personal Identification Number). Anywhere throughout the nation, ATMs allow you to withdraw money. If you enter the ATM PIN correctly, you can withdraw cash from your bank account. As an added security measure, some e-commerce transactions are now also authorized by ATM PIN. Users can now Change SBI ATM Pin through net banking as well, thanks to SBI.
Table of Contents
Change SBI ATM Pin using Net Banking
The simplest approach to alter your SBI ATM or debit card PIN or recover your lost PIN is through net banking. The straightforward methods to generate a new ATM PIN using SBI net banking are listed below:
- Use your User ID and password to access your net banking at onlinesbi.com
- From the E-Services page, choose “ATM Card Services“.
- Then, choose “ATM PIN Generation.”
- Choose “Using Profile Password” if your profile has a password.
- You can easily utilize your profile password for speedier transactions if you know it. Choose “Using One Time Password (OTP)” if you don’t have a profile password. On your mobile number, you will receive an OTP.
- Input a secure password to verify your identity.
- Choose the bank account that your card is connected to.
- A list of the current cards associated with your profile will be displayed to you. Choose the correct card for which you wish to modify the PIN.
- Specify a new PIN and double-check it by typing it once more.
- On the net banking interface, on your registered cellphone number, and on your registered email address, you will receive confirmation that you have successfully changed the PIN.
- The SBI Credit Card PIN can be changed in a unique way. Through the SBI Card Mobile App, SBI Card Netbanking, or IVR, you can modify your credit card PIN.
Other Ways to Change SBI ATM Pin
If you are having trouble changing your SBI ATM PIN or are unable to access SBI Net Banking, there are alternative methods you can try. They are listed below:
|Steps to Change SBI ATM PIN
|Visit your home branch with a passbook and SBI ATM Card
|You can request bank officials to change your SBI ATM Card PIN. The concerned officer may ask your I-Card to confirm KYC. You may have to fill up the application form to change your SBI ATM PIN. After submission of the form, your new PIN shall be sent to your residential address within the stipulated time.
|Visit SBI ATM to change the PIN
|If it is not convenient to visit your SBI home branch, you can visit the nearest SBI ATM with your ATM card, passbook, and registered mobile number. Select the “PIN Generation” option on ATM Screen. Enter your bank account number from your passbook. You will receive OTP(One Time Password) on your registered mobile number. You can confirm OTP on ATM Screen, and it will allow you to select the new ATM PIN of your choice.
|PIN Generation through IVR
|You can also change your SBI ATM PIN from the comfort of your home. You need to keep your ATM Card, passbook, and registered mobile number ready with you. Call on 18004253800 or 1800112211 through your registered mobile number. The IVR menu will guide you to enter your 16-digit SBI ATM card number and account number. Upon successful submission of both, you will receive OTP(One Time Password) on your mobile. After submission of OTP, you can change your ATM PIN and complete the IVR transaction.
Reasons to Change Your SBI ATM PIN
You might have given out your emergency cash withdrawal password to friends or colleagues over time. Through a hidden camera at the ATM, some dishonest individuals may have copied your PIN. Your PIN may be revealed to the unidentified network if the security of the e-commerce website is not robust enough. It’s possible that someone even watched your ATM transactions to learn your PIN. Any incident of this nature increases your likelihood of experiencing identity theft and financial loss. Additionally, you can lose track of the PIN. Therefore, it is advised that you routinely change your SBI ATM PIN.
Precautions before Changing your ATM PIN through SBI Net Banking
- Keep your mobile number handy in case you need to alter your ATM PIN due to security concerns after receiving an OTP.
- Your ATM PIN is private to you; thus, change it on your own, and keep your new PIN a secret from others.
- It is advised to keep an ATM PIN that is simple for you to remember but challenging for others to understand. It’s strongly advised against using a PIN like 1234, your birth date, or your birth year in case you lose your card because anyone could try using that PIN to steal your money.
- It is advised to periodically update your PIN to a different number. Never set any outdated PIN you may have.
Send PIN to 567676 to receive your SBI ATM PIN by SMS. Your registered mobile number will then receive an OTP, which you must use within two days to generate an ATM PIN at the closest SBI ATM.
To guarantee the security of your bank account, it is definitely advised that you update your ATM pin every three to six months, or at least once a year.
Simply connecting to the SBI Net-banking portal will allow you to effortlessly alter your SBI ATM PIN without physically visiting the ATM. After logging in, click “ATM PIN Generation” under “ATM Card Services.” On your registered mobile number, you will receive an OTP that must be entered in order to alter your PIN and confirm your identity.
No fee is assessed by SBI for changing the SBI ATM PIN through net banking. To access this function, one must, however, be enrolled with the bank for online banking services.
The amount of times you can alter your SBI ATM PIN is unlimited. In order to prevent theft and other problems, it is very crucial to regularly change your PIN.