This article is all about Passport renewal Online Fees, Passport Renewal Online Application, and Passport Renewal Online login ID.
Table of Contents
Passport Renewal Online 2023
We all know that passport is the most essential piece of the document when it comes to traveling abroad. Indian passport has a value of 10 years. One needs to renew his/her passport before the passport expiration date or after the validity. Today in this post we will provide you with detailed information on online passport renewal please read the post till the end for complete information
What is a Passport?
As per the passport act 1967, a Passport act as proof of Indian citizenship to its bearer during his/her international travel. It is issued by the Indian Ministry of External Affairs to the Indian citizen passport Seva is the issuing authority of the Indian passport. A passport verifies an individual’s identity and nationality. Passports typically contain a full name, a photograph, place, and date of birth, a signature, and the expiration date. As per the report from issuing authority, India had issued 12.8million passports in the year 2019.
Types of Passports in India
In India, three types of passports are issued by the Passport Seva authority
- Diplomatic Passport-The Diplomatic Passport is of Maroon cover & it is available for Indian diplomats, members of Parliament, union council members, government officials, diplomatic couriers, and their dependents. In addition, it may be issued to high-level state officials traveling on official business. The Diplomatic Passport is an electronic passport with a data chip embedded since 2008. For holders of Diplomatic Passports, a number of visa requirements are waived.
- Official Passport– Official Passport is of white cover. Those who are representing the Indian Government overseas, including members of the Indian Armed Forces stationed abroad, receive an Official Passport (White Cover). A data chip is embedded in every Official Passport issued since 2021.
- Ordinary Passport– Ordinary passport is of dark blue cover and it is issued to general citizens of India. it is issued for private travel, foreign study trips, foreign business and employment trips, international vacation trips
Important Documents For Passport Renewal Online
Indian passport comes with a validity of 10 years, after that you need to renew your passport for traveling outside India. We will suggest you keep the below-mentioned documents ready before applying for passport renewal.
- Original Old Passport
- Self-attested copies of the first two and last two pages of the passport.
- Self-attested copy of the Emigration Check Required (ECR)/Non-ECR page.
- Self-attested copy of the page of observation, if any, made by the Passport Issuing Authority.
Passport Renewal Online Registration
If your passport is expired or is about to expire, then you need to renew your passport urgently to avoid inconvenience while traveling abroad. Here we are sharing the online passport renewal process for hassle-free passport renewal.
- First, visit the official website of Passport Seva
- The homepage will appear on your screen
- On the homepage, click on New User Registration
- After clicking on it, a new tab will appear on your screen
- On this tab select your nearest passport office.
- Now enter all the required details like Name, Date of Birth, Email ID, Login ID, etc
- Now enter the Captcha code and click on submit option.
- You will receive an activation link on your given email id
- Use this activation link for activating your passport Seva account
- You can now proceed with your passport renewal application once your account has been activated
Passport Renewal Online Application Using Passport Seva Account
- Log into your passport Seva account using your login id and password
- In the passport Seva account, click on Apply for Fresh Passport/Re-issue of Passport
- The renewal application form will appear on your screen, fill in all the required details carefully.
- After filling the form completely, click on validate icon and save a copy of the form.
- Now upload the form, double-check all your entered details and click on submit icon.
- Now, book your appointment as per your required date and time.
- Complete the online payment process by using any of the accepted modes of payment.
- If internet banking, debit card, credit card, or offline challan are unavailable, you can print a challan and make the payment at any SBI Bank Branch.
- The bank will verify your payment within two days after you have completed the application process.
- After completing the application process, click “Print Application Receipt”. Your name, address, and application reference number are all on this receipt.
- You can also show SMS as proof of appointment in case you don’t have an application receipt.
Things to Remember While Visiting Passport Office for Passport Renewal
Take the Application reference number and all original documents to the Passport Seva Kendra/Regional Passport Office on the day of your appointment.
- Be sure to take an extra copy of all of your documents.
- Make sure to follow the instructions and guidelines given by the officer
- Reach the passport office earlier than the scheduled time to avoid last moment inconvenience.
A passport is a very important document when it comes to international traveling. Apart from foreign travel, a passport can also be used as proof of identity. Indian passport comes with a validity of 10 years after that you have to renew your passport from the passport Seva authority. We hope that this article get you detailed information about passports and their renewal process