Link PAN with Aadhar status, www.incometax.gov.in aadhar pan link, Link PAN with Aadhar offline, Link PAN with Aadhar By SMS
The government of India made it mandatory to link PAN (Permanent Account Number) with an Aadhaar card. With the Linking PAN Card with the Aadhar card, the Income tax department can easily track all the transactions of the user. In this article, we will discuss the online linking process of PAN cards with Aadhar cards.
Table of Contents
Link PAN with Aadhar Card
The Government of India has made it mandatory for all Indians to link their Permanent Account Number card with their Aadhar card. The central government has increased the deadline for the AADHAR-PAN linkage to 31st March 2023. Earlier, the last date for linking PAN with Aadhar is of 31st March 2023, the reason behind extending the date of AADHAR PAN linkage is because of Covid-19 in India. A fine will be imposed on the taxpayer or individual if they failed to link their PAN Card with the Aadhaar card by 31/03/2023.
Link PAN Card with Aadhar Card Before 31st March 2023
Linking PAN Card with Aadhar Card is an important process, it will allow Smooth transactions over Rs. 50,000 and it will allow your income tax return to process smoothly. The Income Tax Department has announced that if anyone fails to link their Permanent Account Number Card with Aadhar before 31st March 2023, the PAN card of the individual will become inoperative. The department also stated that inoperative PAN cardholders would have to face severe consequences under the IT act and will be imposed a fine of Rs. 10,000 under section 272B of the IT act.
Consequences of Not Linking PAN Card with Aadhaar
The Income Tax department has stated that inoperative PAN card holders due to not linking PAN with Aadhar Card would have to face severe consequences under the IT act and a fine of will be imposed Rs. 10,000 under section 272B of the IT act. If your PAN Card is not linked with your Aadhar card before 31st March 2023, then you have to face serious issues like
- Your PAN Card becomes invalid, and the user will not be able to make financial transactions.
- A 20% TDS will be imposed on your transactions and you will not get any refunds.
- You will not be eligible for any type of loan in the future.
- The user will not be able to purchase foreign currency of more than Rs 50000.
- It will be impossible for the non-operative PAN card user to book an FD of more than Rs 50000; he/she will not get any new debit and credit card from the bank.
- Depositing Cash above Rs 50000 and maintaining a mutual fund will not allowed to the person, whose PAN Card is not linked with aadhar card.
- A fine of Rs 1000 will be imposed.
Link PAN with Aadhar Card Benefits
- It would be easier to detect fake PAN cards used in tax evasion.
- The government would be able to identify several Permanent Account Number cards registered under the same name and take remedial action if this occurs.
- The government will be able to broaden its revenue base and pass the savings on to you in the shape of reduced tax rates once tax evasion lessens.
- It will allow taxpayers to file their forms online with ease.
- Currently, while filing your income tax return you have required either a physical signature or a digital signature, but by linking your AADHAAR to your Permanent Account Number you can authenticate your return filing through your AADHAR number itself.
- It will also make it easier to keep track of one’s taxes by attaching a summary to Aadhaar for future reference.
Important Documents to Link PAN Card with Aadhar Card
- Aadhar Card
- PAN Card
- Mobile Phone Number
Link PAN with Aadhar Online Process
- First, visit the official website of the E-filing Income Tax Department.
- A homepage will appear on your screen.
- If you are a new user, then you need to register yourself first.
- After registering yourself, you need to log in by entering your User ID, password, and captcha code.
- A new pop-up will appear on your, asking you to link your PAN card with your AADHAR card.
- If not, go to the menu bar>profile settings>link AADHAR.
- Enter details such as name, DOB, and gender same as mentioned in your PAN details.
- Now cross-check the details, if you find any errors in it, correct them.
- If details are correct and match, you can enter your AADHAR number and click on the “link now” option.
- After clicking on Link Now Tab you will receive a pop-up message of confirmation of linking your PAN card With Aadhar
How to Link PAN with Aadhar Via SMS
The income tax department has stated that user can also link their Permanent Account Number with Aadhar Card SMS. The linking process with SMS is very easy and hassle-free. If you want to link PAN with Aadhar via SMS, then you need to send SMS on 567678 or 56161 from your aadhar registered number in a specific format. Please send the SMS in the below-mentioned format.
- Format of Sending SMS
UIDPAN<SPACE><12 digit Aadhaar><Space><10 digit PAN>
- Example of Format
UIDPAN 103049587890 EPVPS8384S
Linking PAN Card with Aadhar Card is very important because the income tax department wants to keep track of all transactions to prevent money laundering, black money, income tax invasion, etc. We suggest you link your PAN with Aadhar to prevent fines and other consequences.