Director Identification Number Meaning | Director Identification Number In Company Law | DIN Number Search By Name
Opening a company in India requires a lot of registration in various organizations associated with the Indian Government and you also need to be associated with the Companies Act 2013 presented by the Central Government. You can take into consideration various forms to get DIN. Given below, we are sharing some of the most important specifications related to the Director Identification Number (DIN). We will also share with you all the specifications of the Meaning, Benefits & Other Features.
Table of Contents
Director Identification Number (DIN) Meaning
If you want to register your company under your name then you are required to register for the director identification number first so you need to become a director of an existing company in India then only you will be able to register your own company. In India, there is a particular procedure that we need to follow in order to obtain the Director Identification Number. You have to fill the form number 1 on the MCA website in India in order to get this number. One must be a living person in order to act as a director of a company and you cannot obtain the DIN if you are an artificial legal entity like a company. You need to sign the document with your digital signature and when only you will be able to fill it.
Features of Director Identification Number (DIN)
- The Director Identification Number will be allotted by the Central Government to the applicant within one month from the date of the receipt of the application as per section 154 of the Companies Act 2013.
- As per section 155 of the Companies Act 2013, it is prohibited to have more than one Director Identification Number for a particular person.
- As per section 156 of the Companies Act 2013, it is mandatory on the part of every Director to intimate the DIN to the company/ all the companies in which he is a Director, within one month from the date of receipt of DIN from the Central Government.
- The validity of the Director Identification Number is for the lifetime and you will not be required to renew your director identification number in the eternity of your life after you have acquired it once for all.
The following documents are required in order to obtain the Director Identification Number:-
- Photograph of the Applicant
- Proof of identity of the applicant
- PAN is mandatory in the case of Indian Nationals
- Passport is mandatory in case of Foreign Nationals
- Proof of address of the applicant
Reasons for DIN Rejection
Given below, we are specifying some of the particular reasons through which you will be able to get rejected by the concerned authorities of the Indian Government for DIN:-
- The applicant’s name and father’s name are mentioned in abbreviated form. – Expand the Name even if the ID proof contains the name in abbreviated form.
- Mismatch in the Name and Father’s Name in DIN form with the ID (Identity) proof enclosed. – Any mismatch in Name, including spelling mistakes, may lead to rejection of the application. It accepts the minor spelling deviations in the father’s name if such deviations do not materially impact the name.
- Prefixes like Mr. / Ms. / Kumari / Shri etc. used in the applicant’s name.
- Residence proofs like Bank Statements, Electricity Bill, Telephone Bill, Utility bills etc. submitted are older than 2 months of submitting the application for verification OR such documents are in the name of some other person, for example, father or spouse.
- The supporting documents are not duly attested i.e. Name, Designation, Membership/ Practicing certificate number etc. are not clearly indicated. – If the seal/ stamp does not contain a membership/practising certificate number, the same may be recorded by hand.
- Do not attach expired Passport / Driving License / Identity proofs etc. – Only attach documents that are currently valid.
Reasons for DIN Cancellation
Given below we order specifying some of the common reasons that will be the cause of your DIN cancellation, if possible:-
- DIN was obtained in a wrongful manner
- DIN is found to be duplicated in respect of the same person
- Upon the death of the concerned person
- The holder of DIN has been adjudged insolvent
- Provided that an opportunity of being heard shall be given before deactivation of DIN.
- The concerned person has been declared as a person of unsound mind by a competent court
- Where an application is filed by the DIN holder in Form DIR-5 for surrendering his DIN along with a declaration that he has never been appointed as a Director in any company and the said DIN has never been used for filing any documents with any authority.
The following forms are required to be filled out by the concerned candidate to get the Director Identification Number along with spice:-
|Application for DIN allotment
|Intimation of DIN by Company to the Registrar
|Application for surrendering DIN
|Application for changing details submitted in DIR-3
How To Apply For Director Identification Number (DIN)?
- You need to fill out the following forms in order to get the Director Identification Number-
- SPICe Form: Application for allotment of DINs to the proposed first Directors in respect of New companies shall be made in SPICe form only.
- DIR-3 Form: Any person intending to become a director in an already existing company shall have to make an application in eForm DIR-3 for allotment of DIN.
- DIR-6 Form: Any changes in the particulars of the directors shall be filed in form DIR-6.
- You need to fill out all of the application forms and then proceed to pay your application fees through the method of net banking, credit card or NEFT.
- You need to submit the application and the application number will be generated.
- The central government will process your application and decide on the approval or the rejection of your application.
- After approval of your application, the concerned authorities will communicate the director identification number to the applicant within one month.
- If the DIN application is rejected, it will e-mail the reason for rejection to the applicant and will also put the reason on the website. The applicant will get 15 days to rectify the reason. If he rectifies such reasons and is able to satisfy the central government, he will be allotted DIN otherwise the central government will label the application INVALID.
- Within one month of receiving DIN from the central government, the director has to intimate about his DIN to all companies where he is a director.
- The company will intimate RoC about DIN within 15 days from the date when the director intimates his DIN to the company.
- Failure of the director to intimate DIN to the company or failure of the company to intimate RoC about DIN will result in penalties.
All of your documents must match and you must also attach all of the important documents with your application before sending it to the concerned authorities and then it will not get rejected.
Your Director Identification Number can be cancelled or deactivated as per the rules of the company if it was obtained in a wrongful manner.
The individual will require important proof for their identification and the proof of their company while getting the director’s identification number.
Spice Form, DIR-3 Form, and DIR-6 Form are required.
The Central Government will process your application and decide on the approval or the rejection of your application.