PMAY Scheme Online Registration | How to Apply for PMAY Scheme | PMAY Rules and Regulations | PMAY Scheme Online Form
The Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) is actually a government of India initiative and it intends to provide affordable housing to India’s urban poor by 2022. On June 1, 2015, the program was officially started. The PMAY Scheme has an interest rate that starts at 6.50 percent per annum and can be used for up to 20 years. The deadline for applying for the PMAY CLSS scheme for LIG and EWS has been extended to March 31, 2022.
Table of Contents
Highlights of PMAY Scheme
|Date of Launch
|25th June 2015
|1800-11-6163 – HUDCO1800 11 3377, 1800 11 3388 – NHB
|Complaints or Suggestion
|Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs Nirman Bhawan,
New Delhi- 110 011 Phone Number: 011 2306 3285, 011 2306 0484
|Click to Download Manual
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Features and Benefits
- All beneficiaries of the PMAY Scheme receive a subsidised interest rate of 6.50 percent per annum on housing loans for a period of 20 years.
- Ground-floor allocation will be prioritised for differently abled and senior residents.
- Construction would be done with environmentally friendly and sustainable technologies.
- The project encompasses the entire country’s urban areas, including 4041 statutory towns, with 500 Class I cities receiving first consideration. This will be accomplished in three stages.
- The credit-linked subsidy component of the PM Awas Yojana is implemented in all statutory towns in India from the beginning.
Beneficiaries of the PMAY Scheme
The following are the beneficiaries of the PMAY Scheme:
|Middle Income Group I (MIG I)
|Rs.6 lakh to Rs.12 lakh
|Middle Income Group I (MIG II)
|Rs.12 lakh to Rs.18 lakh
|Lower Income Group (LIG)
|Rs.3 lakh to Rs.6 lakh
|Economically Weaker Section (EWS)
|Up to Rs.3 lakh
People belonging to the SC, ST, and OBC categories, as well as women from the EWS and LIG income groups, would be eligible for the PMAY initiative.
Beneficiary election and Identification under the PMAY cheme
- The Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Urban initiative primarily addresses the housing needs of urban disadvantaged people. The project also addresses the housing needs of slum inhabitants who live in cramped locations with inadequate infrastructure, sanitation, and drinking water.
- Middle Income Groups (MIGs), Low-Income Groups (LIGs), and Economically Weaker Sections are the key beneficiaries of PMAY-U. (EWS).
- Beneficiaries in the EWS group are entitled for full support under the scheme, however those in the LIG and LIG categories are only eligible for the PMAY Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme (CLSS).
- The applicant must submit an affidavit as proof of income to the authority in order to be recognised as a LIG or EWS beneficiary under the Scheme.
PMAY Scheme Types
The PMAY Scheme is divided into two sub-sections, each focusing on a different area:
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Gramin – Previously known as the Indira Awas Yojana, the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Gramin (PMAY-G) was renamed PMAY-G in 2016. The plan aims to provide eligible recipients in India’s rural areas with inexpensive and accessible dwelling units (excluding Chandigarh and Delhi). The Government of India and the different state governments split the cost of housing development in the ratio of 60:40 for plain regions and 90:10 for North-Eastern and hilly regions under this plan.
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Urban (PMAYU) – As the name suggests, the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Urban (PMAYU) is aimed at India’s urban areas. There are currently 4,331 towns and cities recognised under this scheme. The scheme is put up to work in three different phases:
- Phase 1: From April 2015 to March 2017, the government aimed to reach 100 cities in various states and UTs across the country under Phase 1.
- Phase 2: From April 2017 to March 2019, the government aimed to cover 200 more cities in various states and UTs across the country under Phase 2.
- Phase 3: The government aimed to cover the cities that were left out of Phases 1 and 2 by the end of March 2022, with the goal of completing the project by the end of March 2022.
PMAY Interest Subsidy
|Maximum Loan for Subsidy
How do I Apply for the PMAY Interest Subsidy?
- Request a subsidy on a house loan from any of the following lending institutions.
- If you are eligible, the lending institution will assess your application and send it to the Central Nodal Agency.
- If your application is granted and there are no problems, the Central Nodal Agency will disburse the subsidy amount to the lending institution after verification.
- The lending organisation will credit this money to your account, lowering your total loan amount.
- You can keep paying the EMIs to pay off the balance of the loan.
Procedure to Apply for PMAY Scheme
PMAY Scheme Application Process for New Applicants
- To apply for PMAY online, go to “http://pmaymis.gov.in/” – the official website of the PM Awas Yojana.
- Under the “Citizen Assessment” menu, select “Benefit under other 3 components.”
- Fill up your 12-digit Aadhaar number as well as your name as it appears on your Aadhaar card.
- You will be forwarded to the PMAY application page once your Aadhaar number has been verified.
- Fill in the blanks with your personal information, income, and bank account information.
- Check the “I am aware of…” box.
- Fill in the Captcha and hit the “Save” button.
- When you select “Save,” a system-generated application number appears, which you can keep for future reference.
- Fill out the PMAY application form and print it.
- Submit the form, along with the supporting documentation, to your local Common Service Centers (CSC) or financial institution/bank.
Procedure for Transferring PMAY Subsidy to the Borrower’s Bank
The bank where the individual takes the loan will apply to the National Housing Bank for the subsidy benefit for eligible candidates (NHB). The National Housing Bank will then look into whether someone is applying for the plan multiple times. The CLSS or subsidy amount will be delivered to the borrower’s bank once it has been validated. The money would be credited straight to the Loan Account once it was received.
Eligibility for PMAY Loan
The government will identify and choose PMAY recipients using the Socio-Economic and Caste Census of 2011 (SECC 2011). Before making the list for the rural housing plan, the village panchayats and tehsils would be considered for beneficiary consultation. This will be done to ensure the project’s transparency and to ensure that only the most deserving individuals receive housing assistance.
How do I Apply for the PM Awas Yojana using the Online Services?
The official PMAY portal is where you may apply for the PM Awas Yojana (PMAY). The application process is simple and user-friendly. All you’ll need is your Aadhaar number to get started. After that, simply follow the on-screen instructions to complete the application by filling out and submitting the form.
Check PMAY Application Form Status
Log in to the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana official portal at https://pmaymis.gov.in to check the progress of your PMAY application. You can then go to the tracking option and check the status of your application by following the on-screen instructions.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Phases
The PMAY Program will be implemented in three stages. For more information, see the tables below:
Customer Service Phone Numbers for PMAY
Customers can call the toll-free helpline number: if they have any questions about the application procedure, interest rates, or any other scheme-related questions.
- 1800-11-6163 (Urban, HUDCO)
- 1800-11-3388 (Urban, NHB)
- 1800-11-3377 (Urban, NHB)
- 1800-11-6446 (Gramin)
The subsidy amount from PMAY is typically credited to the beneficiary after 3 to 4 months. This is subject to the government’s verification process.
After an applicant successfully completes the registration process, the PMAY site generates an Assessment ID for PMAY. This ID can also be used to track the application’s progress.
Yes, this program prioritizes women who are raising a family in low-income households. Your application will be refused if your husband, father, or any other family member with whom you live has applied.
Your annual earnings should not exceed Rs. 18 lakhs. The PMAY income criteria, on the other hand, has no lower restrictions.
These are essentially nodal agencies designated by the Ministry of Government to serve as bodies responsible for implementing credit-linked subsidies.
The actual area to lay the carpet is enclosed by the walls. The thickness of the interior walls is not included in this measurement.