Maharashtra State Excise’s online service website allows citizens to use the Maha Excise Department’s complete online services. Maha Excise Portal was created with a specific goal in mind. Citizens can get help with a variety of licenses, including temporary functions, trading licenses, sales, and other manufacturing of liquor/raw materials, and so on. You can check the status of your application and apply for licenses online.
Table of Contents
Maha Excise Portal – Online Services
The government of Maharashtra provides four types of online services for its citizens on its official portal i.e https://exciseservices.mahaonline.gov.in/. The list of online services is provided below:
- Citizen Services:
- Registration for Premises
- (Country Liquor Permission ForOne Day): Citizens are given one Day Permit for the purchase, transport, possession, use and consumption of Country Liquor in Maharashtra (Form CL-C)
- One Day Function License (F.L.IV.A): This License is Temporary
- (One Day Permission For Foreign Liquor ): Citizens are given one Day Permit for the purchase, transport,possession, use and consumption of Foreign Liquor in Maharashtra (Form FL-F)
- (One Year & Lifelong Permission): Citizens are given Permit for the purchase, transport,possession, use and consumption of Foreign Liquor and Country Liquor in Maharashtra (F. L. X-C)
- Wholesaler Service:
- (Wholesale License for Wine ): Citizens are given Trade and Import License for removal from a Custom Frontier and for import and selling of wine by wholesale (Remember not to be consumed on the premises) (Form F.L.W.I)
- (Wholesale License For Foreign Liquor ):Citizens are givenordinary Trade and Import License for removal from a Custom Frontier and for import and vend of foreign Liquor (Potable) including Indian-made liquors(potable) excised at special rates(Remember not to be consumed on the premises) (Form F.L. I)
- (Wholesale License For Country Liquor): Citizens are given Licenseauthorizing the Storage & Wholesale Sale of Duty Paid Country Liquor to Retail Shops (FORM C. L. II)
- Retailer Service:
- (Permit Room License ): Citizens are given License for sale at a hotel of imported foreign liquors(potable) and Indian made foreign liquors(potable) on which is Excise Duty at special rates has been paid (Form F.L. III)
- (Beer Shoppee License): Vendors license for sale of wineorbeer or both in sealed bottles for off consumption (Form F.L.BRII)
- (Wine Bar License ): Citizens are given License for sale of Wine in the premises of a licensee (Form E-2)
- (Club License ): Citizens are given License for sale at a club of imported foreign liquors(potable) and Indian made foreign liquors(potable) on which is Excise Duty has been paid at special rates (Form F.L. IV)
- (Mild Liquor & wine bar License ): Citizens are given License for sale of Mild Liquor or Wines or both (Beer and Wine) “on” and “off” the premises of a hotel/ restaurant/ canteen/ club (Form E)
- (Wine Shoppee License): This is a vendors license for sale of Wines (Form F.L.W.- II)
- Manufacturer Services:
- Certificate of registration: (This certificate is given for the purpose of manufactories of the Indian Made Foreign Beer/Liquor located in a State other than the State of Maharashtra) (FORM-K)
- DS-I –License:This license is given for denaturation of Indian made rectified spirit including absolute alcohol under bond and denatured spirit for bonafide purpose of art, for sale of denatured spirit from the warehouse
What is a Liquor Permit Exactly?
A liquor Permit is also known as a liquor token. A liquor permit is a document that allows you to obtain wine, liquor, and other alcoholic beverages with the government’s authorization. During the lockout due to Covid-19, Mahaexcise liquor permits are issued. It permits wine transpositions, carriage, consumption, and business in Maharashtra.
Eligibility for Liquor Permit
- In case of any individual:
- Person above the age of 25 years is eligible to obtain the license
- Person who is a citizen of India or a Person of Indian Origin (P.I.O.)
- A FIRM
- A SOCIETY.
- A COMPANY
- The permit holder is only permitted to use liquor for personal consumption.
- Liquor should be purchased from a licensed retailer or a hotel.
Apply Online for Liquor Permit in Maharashtra
Following the steps below to apply for 1 Day, 1 Year & Lifelong Liquor Permit in Maharashtra:
- First of all visit the official website of Aaple Sarkar Maharashtra official website.
- It redirects web visitors to the Home Page listed below.
- Now To register as a new user, go to the link: New User Register Here.
- The online applicant is then sent to the page below.
- As shown in the picture, two options are available there. Here you need to click on option 1.
- Now, enter the District, 10 Digit Mobile Number, One Time Password, and User Name in the respective boxes as seen below.
- The OTP is then sent to the registered mobile number.
- Check if the user name you want is available.
- Password, Confirm Password, Full Name in English and Marathi, Date of Birth, and Age are all required fields.
- Under the declaration statement, click the I Accept button.
- After you’ve double-checked all of the information, click the Register button.
- It then displays a popup box confirming that your application has been successfully registered.
- Select the OK button and your registration is done.
Online Application Form for Maharashtra Liquor Permit
Once the registration is successful, now the next step is to fill the application form for the Maharashtra Liquor Permit. Read the steps below to fill the form:
- Visit the official web site of Aaple Sarkar Maharashtra official website
- On the home page enter the User ID and Password on the right side of the screen.
- Click the Login button after entering the Captcha Code.
- The online applicant is then directed to the user dashboard.
- On the left side of the web page, click the Home button.
- Select the State Excise Department from the dropdown menu after selecting the Sub Department.
- After you’ve made your choice, click the “Continue” button.
- It then takes the online user to the Maha Excise Department’s official website.
- Choose the option “Permit for the purchase, possession, transportation, use, and consumption of Foreign Liquor and Country Liquor in the State of Maharashtra (F. L. X-C)“. This option is present on the left panel.
- Name, Middle Name, Last Name, Street/Road, Building/House Number, Date of Birth, and Age are all required fields.
- Select District, Taluka, Village, Pin Code, and Occupation.
- With this application, enter the details of your proof of age and select the option: ‘Application for a one-year or permanent work permit’.
- After you’ve double-checked everything, click the Submit button.
- It then generates a token number and an application number.
- Select the OK button.
- Proceed to the payment area after uploading the Scanned Photograph.
- To begin the online payment procedure, click the Confirm button.
- The option “Transaction is Successful” is displayed.
- The applicants can see on the next page that the license is still pending.
Maharashtra State Liquor Alcohol Permit – Offline Procedure
In order to obtain Maharashtra State Liquor Alcohol Permit through offline mode, various steps need to be followed by the citizens. Read below to know the procedure.
- First of all, you need to gather all the important documents to apply for a liquor license and make copies of them.
- Please keep in mind that all applicants must have at least one piece of identification.
- For their application, the applicants should acquire a court stamp fee and should affix Rs. 10 Court Stamp on the application.
- Candidates need now go to the Mahaexcise office in person to apply with the necessary documents and a court stamp.
- Residents of Mumbai can visit the Old Customs House, which is also the district collector’s office.
- Applicants can apply for a one-year or a lifetime permit and fill out the appropriate form.
- There are, however, two applications for each.
- The applicants should fill in their personal information, such as their name, address, date of birth, and other identifying details.
- Applicants must send a completed application, as well as photos and other papers, to the authorized executive.
- Your application will be reviewed by the appropriate authorities, who will then inform you of its status.
- Please keep in mind that there is a spot on your application where you can glue your court fee stamp. Before submitting your application to the clerk, safeguard it.
In India, the charges for obtaining a Liquor Permit are not uniform across the country. It varies from place to place. Please make payment in accordance with the department’s amendment. While applying, authorities will provide brief instructions.
Maha Excise Liquor Permit Track Status
Once you have successfully submitted the form of Maha Excise Liquor Permit, you can Track the Status of your application form by following the steps below:
- First of all visit the official website of Maha Excise Online Service i.ehttps://exciseservices.mahaonline.gov.in/Home/Applicationstatus/.
- On the home page enter the application number for your liquor permit.
- After that submit the form.
- Finally you can verify the status of your permits or licenses.
Validity for Liquor Permit
The license is valid for a year and needs to be renewed annually by making required payment as required. However, if the permit is granted for a lifetime, then the renewal will depend on the requirement.
Maha Excise Liquor Permit – Important Documents
While applying for Maharashtra Excise Liquor Permit, keep the following documents ready.
- Photograph and Signature of Applicant (s)
- Identity Proof of Applicant (s) (Any One)
- Aadhar Card
- Driving License
- Address Proof of Applicant (s) (Any One)
- PAN Card
- Driving License
- Aadhar Card
- Vote ID
- Vote ID
Requirement of the Liquor License
Liquor licenses are required for establishments such as bars and restaurants that allow customers to drink alcohol on their premises. Obtain an off-license to sell booze at liquor stores, drug stores, and grocery stores.
Validity of Maha Excise Liquor Permit
The Maharashtra Excise Liquor Permit is now valid for one year. Permits for foreign liquor and country liquor in Maharashtra are valid for one year or for life, according to the Maha Excise Department’s official website.
Maharashtra Online Liquor Permit
Online registration for Mahaexcise liquor permits is available at https://exciseservices.mahaonline.gov.in/. There is an option for an online liquor permit in Maharashtra State under the website’s service section.
Maharashtra Excise Liquor Permit Types
The Maha Excise Department issues five different types of liquor permits. Those are mentioned below –
- Premises Registration
- (One Year & Lifelong Permission) Permit for the purchase, transport, possession, use and consumption of Foreign Liquor and Country Liquor in the State of Maharashtra (F. L. X-C)
- Temporary One Day Function License (F.L.IV.A)
- (One Day Permission For Foreign Liquor) One Day Permit for the purchase, possession, transport, use and consumption of Foreign Liquor in the State of Maharashtra (Form FL-F)
- (One Day Permission For Country Liquor) One Day Permit for the purchase, possession, transport, use and consumption of Country Liquor in the State of Maharashtra (Form CL-C)
In case you have any queries, you can contact the superintendent, state excise offices whose phone numbers (district wise) are mentioned below:
|0253-2578635 / 0253-2581033
What are the two websites for submitting an application for a Maharashtra alcohol permit?
https://exciseservices.mahaonline.gov.in/ and https://aaplesarkar.mahaonline.gov.in/ are the two portals for submitting an application for a Maharashtra alcohol permit.
What is the time limit for candidates to apply for a Maharashtra liquor license?
On the official portal, candidates can apply for a liquor license for one day, one year, or for the rest of their lives.
Is it possible for applicants to apply for the Maharashtra Alcohol Permit online?
Yes, candidates can complete the Maharashtra Alcohol Permit Offline Mode by visiting the relevant office.
What is the scope of the Maharashtra State’s Alcohol Permit Scheme’s applicability?
The Maharashtra Alcohol Permit Policy extends to the entire state.
What is the age limit for obtaining a Liquor Permit in the state of Maharashtra?
The candidate must be 25 or above to obtain a Liquor Permit in the state of Maharashtra.
What happens if I don’t have a liquor license?
Under the Maharashtra Prohibition Act, 1949, without a permit, possessing, consuming, or transporting alcohol can result in a fine of up to Rs 50,000 and/or a prison sentence of up to five years.
Is there a ban on liquor in any district of Maharashtra?
Wardha, Chandrapur, and Gadchiroliare three Maharashtra districts where liquor is prohibited.
How much quantity of liquor can I store, if I get a Liquor Permit?
At a time you can keep Maximum possession of 12 bottles.
|Type of Liquor
|Quantity in ml
|Number of bottles
What charges do I need to pay for Liquor Permit?
The fee which you need to pay for Liquor Permit depends on the type of Liquor Permit you are opting for.
1. ₹ 749/- for One Year Permit
2. ₹ 1649/-for Lifetime Permit
Has the Government framed the same rules for both men and women?
Yes, all of these guidelines apply equally to men and women. There is only one requirement: the applicant must be 25 years old or older.