Canara Bank is providing the facility of registering and updating mobile number from their respective Bank branches and atm. If you are an account holder of Canara Bank and still your mobile number is not updated it then this article will help you. You can avail benefits of various services like UPI, Mobile banking, Phone banking Internet banking, by updating your phone number in your bank account. Here is a complete guide on how to register a mobile number in Canara Bank
Table of Contents
Canara Bank Mobile Number Registration Requirements
- To fill out the form in the branch, you must know your account number. (The account number will be listed in the passbook.)
- To register a mobile number via an ATM, you must have an ATM card/Debit card and a PIN.
Canara Bank Mobile Number Registration Procedure
You can register your mobile number in the bank in two ways.
- Using a Bank ATM
- By filling out a form in branch.
We shall see each approach in detail if we fill out the form at the bank branch —
Method 1: How to use an ATM to register a mobile number with Canara Bank?
This method necessitates the use of a PIN and an ATM or debit card. If you don’t have an ATM or debit card, proceed to method 2 to register your phone number with Canara Bank.
- Locate a Canara Bank ATM and insert your ATM card.
- Select Main Menu after entering your ATM PIN.
- Select Register Mobile Number from the new screen.
- Using the keypad, enter your phone number.
- An OTP will be sent to your phone number. Select Confirm after entering this OTP on the ATM’s screen.
- In a few hours, your phone number will be linked to your account.
- You will receive a confirmation message on your phone after your mobile number has been registered.
You can effortlessly register your cellphone number with Canara ATM by following these seven simple steps.
Method 2: How do I register my mobile number with Canara Bank by filling out a form in a branch?
If you don’t have an ATM card, you’ll need to visit a Canara bank branch to register your phone number.
- Request a mobile number registration form from your Canara bank home branch.
- Enter the relevant information, such as the account number and account holder’s name.
- Select “change mobile number and update my new cellphone number”.
To register a mobile number with Canara Bank, fill out the form completely.
- Provide the bank with the new mobile number you want to register.
- Finally, attach the photocopy of your ID proof to the form and sign it with your registered signature at the bank.
- Send the completed paperwork to the executive.
- Within two working days, your cell number will be linked to your Canara bank account.
Why There is a Need to Update Your Canara Bank Registered Mobile Number
- Any transaction affecting your account will be reported to you by SMS by Canara Bank.
- Internet Banking will be available to you.
- Only your registered moile number can be used for SMS banking or Phone Banking.
- On any significant topic, there will be no communication gap with Canara Bank.
- If your phone number changes, you must notify the bank and update your registered phone number. It’s worth noting that you can do this as many times as you want.
How to Update or Change Canara Bank Registered Mobile Number?
You must follow these steps in order to alter your Canara Bank Registered Mobile Number:
- Go to the Canara Bank branch where you have your account.
Please bring the following papers to the Canara Bank Home Branch: a copy of your proof of address (latest telephone bill, Aadhaar Card, Passport, etc.) and proof of identification.
- Obtain a Change of KYC Details form.
Meet the Relationship Manager or Bank Executive and ask for the ‘KYC Details Change Form’ which is essential for altering the registered Mobile Number.
- Fill up the KYC Details Change form
Complete the KYC Details Change Form completely. You must include the following information:
- Your bank account information, such as account number, account holder’s name, account type, and so on.
- Tick or write down the details you want to update, such as your registered phone number in this situation.
- Fill up the blanks with your new mobile phone number.
- Fill in the blanks with your signature.
Submit your KYC information Change form and attach the required documents.
Submit the completed KYC Details Change form to the Bank Executive, together with your Proof of Address and Proof of Identity (if requested).
- Obtain confirmation of your request to modify your registered mobile number.
Your form, signature, and other details will be verified by a Bank Executive. He will acknowledge your request if he deems the form to be complete in all respects.
- Your request to change your registered mobile number shall be processed.
Canara Bank will update your registered Mobile Number in your account and in the bank records after proper authentication.
- Check with your bank to see whether your registered mobile number has changed.
Within a few hours, Canara Bank will send you a message regarding updating your registered Mobile Number in your account, either via SMS on your new mobile number or via email. If you have not received any notification, you may contact your branch to see if the adjustments have been processed. Check the official website for more details.