Bhamashah Swasthya Bima Yojana (BSBY), which went into effect on December 13, 2015, covers people of Rajasthan for cashless treatments for IPD sufferers. Vasundhara Raje announced the scheme, which offers treatment payments of up to Rs. 30,000 for common illnesses and Rs. 3 lakh for serious illnesses. Beneficiaries have access to both government and private network hospitals for treatment.
The Rajasthan government launched the Bhamashah Yojana on August 15, 2014, to make it easier for women to receive financial and non-financial benefits from government initiatives in a transparent manner. The Bhamashah Yojana is seen as the state’s initial step toward digitization.
Table of Contents
How does the Bhamashah Yojana work?
The scheme is named after Bhamashah, a great minister, financier, and army general who was Maharana Pratap’s close aide when he grew financially poor to the verge of hunger. The Bhamashah Yojana aims to empower women in Rajasthan while also benefiting the broader society through monetary inclusion. End-to-end financial and non-financial services and benefits are provided to qualifying candidates.
The Bhamashah Swasthya Bima Yojana is a scheme designed exclusively for Rajasthan citizens. Families eligible for the scheme include those who are covered by the Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana (RSBY) and the National Food Security Act (NFSA). IPD sufferers can receive cashless treatment under the plan.
The Bhamashah Swasthya Bima Yojana is a cashless health insurance scheme that provides treatment benefits of up to Rs. 30,000 for diseases and Rs. 3 lakh for catastrophic illnesses to its beneficiaries. Families covered under the policy on a floater basis must pay a fixed premium each year in order to receive coverage benefits.
The New India Assurance Company was chosen as the scheme’s insurer. The insurance company provides the most appealing insurance plans with the most extensive features at the most cheap costs. The insurer for the system is chosen through a two-step bidding process and an open competitive public sector insurance business.
Bhamashah Yojana Highlights
|Year of Launch
|Health Insurance Scheme
|Mode of Scheme
|Individuals living in rural areas
|Members of the National Food Security Act (NFSA) &RashtriyaSwasthyaBima Yojana (RSBY)
|None; Family members can also gain coverage
|All hospitalization expenses
|General Illness, Critical Illness
|Rs. 30,000 for general illnesses; Rs. 3 Lakh for critical illnesses
|Pre-hospitalization expenses covered
|For up to 7 days
|Post hospitalization expenses covered
|For up to 15 days
|Transport allowance for polytrauma and cardiac cases
|Rs. 100 to Rs.500
Features of the Bhamashah Swasthya Bima Yojana (BSBY)
- The strategy tries to decrease the financial risk of excessive healthcare spending.
- The policy backs the minimal government, maximum governance ideal.
- With the scheme, a vast database is built that can be used in the future for policy-level modifications.
- A smartphone application for people’s aid has also been launched by the state administration. People will be able to track the application using their mobile phones thanks to the software.
- There is no upper or lower age limit on who can be insured with this policy. The policy’s benefits are available to people of all ages.
- Only those who have a Bhamashah card will be eligible for policy benefits. The Rajasthan government issues the card.
- Aadhaar cards are required for all candidates. At the time of registration, the Aadhar code must be entered.
- All applicants must also submit photocopies of their ration cards.
- It is also required that all applicants submit their BPL cards. This means that only persons who are below the poverty line and live in rural regions will be covered by the policy.
Bhamashah Swasthya Bima Yojana Inclusions
The BhamashahSwasthyaBima Yojana will cover the following costs:
- The plan allows for cashless hospitalisation and covers all of the insured’s expenses.
- The insured can receive coverage benefits of up to Rs. 30,000 for general illnesses and up to Rs. 3 lakh for critical illnesses.
- Treatments are available in government and private hospital networks.
- The plan covers pre-hospitalization fees for up to seven days before admission to the hospital.
- For up to 15 days after being discharged from the hospital, the plan covers post-hospitalization fees.
- For polytrauma and cardiac situations, transportation allowances range from Rs. 100 to Rs. 500.
- The plan will also cover pre-existing conditions.
- Beneficiaries can receive cashless treatment for OPD instances in addition to secondary and tertiary treatment.
Other treatment benefits will be provided to the insured. They will have a choice of 1045 general illness packages, 500 critical illness packages, and 170 packages for government hospitals. These advantages are available to insured individuals at both government and commercial network hospitals.
The package covers costs for a bed, consultant’s fee, drugs, implants, blood, nursing and boarding fees, consumables, transportation allowance, and food for the beneficiary while in the hospital, among other things.
Bhamashah Swasthya Bima Yojana Application Process
- The application process will not be done online because the initiative intends to give insurance coverage to the poor and needy.
- The policy benefits can only be obtained through manual enrollment.
- Those interested should visit one of the network hospitals.
- Every network hospital will have a designated person to assist the candidates.
- Candidates must bring all required documentation. The form will be filled out by the designated individual.
How to Download Bhamashah Card?
You must first register at the Rajasthan SSO Portal in order to download the Bhamashah Card online. With the help of the SSO Portal, you can even download the Bhamashah Card.
The processes for downloading the card are outlined below:
- At the SSO Portal, log in to your account.
- Select ‘Citizen App’ link.
- When you click the ‘Citizen App’ link, you’ll see options like Bhamashah, Aadhaar, and others. Click on the option ‘Bhamashah.’
- The ‘E-Bhamashah Card’ option can be found by clicking on the ‘Bhamashah’ option. Simply click on it.
- You will be able to quickly download the Bhamashah Card after entering all of the essential information.
How to Change Bhamashah Card Bank Account Information
You can use eMitra to update your Bhamashah Card bank account. Follow the steps below
- Register for an eMitra account.
- Select the option for Bank Detail.
- Bhamashah Receipt Number should be entered.
- The existing bank account details will be displayed after inputting the Bhamashah Receipt Number.
- Make the necessary changes to your bank account to meet your needs.
Eligibility for Bhamashah Card?
The following are some of the most important Bhamashah Card eligibility requirements:
- The person must be a resident of Rajasthan.
- A Bhamashah Yojana bank account must be opened by the individual.
- Only Rajasthan is covered by the Bhamashah card.
- The Bhamashah system and card are available to BPL card members.
What Is the Bhamashah Card Activation Process?
The actions to take are as follows:
- Fill out the Bhamashah registration form.
- Choose ‘Bhamashah Citizen Enrollment’ after you have successfully registered.
- Put your registration number in here.
- Fill out the ‘Bhamashah Citizen Enrollment Form’ completely and correctly, then click the Submit button.
- A receipt number will be sent to you. Keep the number on hand for future use in order to benefit from the initiative.
Online Bhamashah Card Editing
Follow these steps to edit the Bhamashah Card online:
- Visit the Bhamashah Yojana website.
- Use your SSO ID to access the website.
- Select the ‘Editing’ option.
- Your Bhamashah number is required to enter
- Make the adjustments you want and save them.
The following documents are needed to file a claim under the Bhamashah Swasthya Bima Yojana:
- Required Documents
- Aadhar Card
- Residence certificate
- Class 10th marksheet
- Passport size photograph
- Mobile number
- Email id
- Income certificate
- Caste certificate
- Ration card
Getting the Bhamashah card takes about 2-3 months after the bank account is established. The applicant will be notified by text message after the card has been created.
The Bhamashah card can be used to get a scholarship for study, a loan for a new enterprise, free medical treatment for certain conditions, professional training for women, and free and subsidised rations.