What Is Automated Teller Machine | ATM Full Form | Automated Teller Machine Definition | Parts of Automated Teller Machine
There has been a lot of improvement in the technological aspect of Banking within the last few years and now all of the customers of various banks can use automated teller machines in order to withdraw the money without having to go to a bank branch. You can use ATMs available inside your city if you want to get emergency cash services without any problem. You can check out the specifications related to the Automated Teller Machine given below and we will also share with you all the specifications of the ATM Full Form, Meaning, Definition & Advantages. And You can easily use the ATM in order to get various information related to your bank account.
Table of Contents
Automated Teller Machine
Automated Teller Machine or popularly known as ATM is an electronic banking outlet that will allow the customers to complete various transactions related to their bank account in the various Bank branches across the country. The customers can check the balance by using this automated teller machine but they can also use the ATM to withdraw some cash by using their credit card or debit card. You can also apply for a short-term loan by using the advanced ATM machines available around the country now. ATMs are really convenient and they will be helping you to withdraw cash whenever you need it in an emergency.
You can also check out the mini statement of your bank by using the ATM machines available around your state. It is not important to use an ATM machine related to your bank in order to withdraw the money. You can withdraw the money from any ATM.
Parts of Automated Teller Machine
There are various parts of the Automated Teller Machine and given below we are sharing the details of the parts:-
- Card reader: This part reads the chip on the front of the card or the magnetic stripe on the back of the card.
- Keypad: The keypad is used by the customer to input information, including personal identification number (PIN), the type of transaction required, and the amount of the transaction.
- Cash dispenser: Bills are dispensed through a slot in the machine, which is connected to a safe at the bottom of the machine.
- Printer: If required, consumers can request receipts that are printed here. The receipt records the type of transaction, the amount, and the account balance.
- Screen: The ATM issues prompts that guide the consumer through the process of executing the transaction. Information is also transmitted on the screen, such as account information and balances.
Advantages of Automated Teller Machine
There are a lot of advantages that will be available to the customers if they use the ATM:-
- The automated teller machine will definitely help you to save a lot of time because it will help you to withdraw the amount of cash flow in just a matter of a few minutes.
- You can use the ATM from anywhere in the country and you just have to take into consideration your credit card and the pin that you need while using your credit card.
- There is a very easy procedure that you need to undertake while withdrawing your money from the ATM and you just need to stick your card inside the ATM and enter your paint to get your money.
- It doesn’t matter that the ATM is not from your personal bank in which you have your accounts because you can withdraw your money from any type of ATM irrespective of the origin of the ATM.
- There are a lot of ATMs available inside one particular city and all of those ATMs will help you to withdraw your money at any given point in time.
- There is not any limit imposed upon the customers while they are withdrawing their money from the ATM but you have to take into consideration that you can’t withdraw the money from the ATM which belongs to a different Bank regularly.
- The customers can easily check their mini bank statements by using the ATMs and this will help them to save a lot of time and money.
FAQs For Automated Teller Machine
The customers will first have to go inside the ATM and stick their cards into the space provided. You need to select the option of withdrawal money and then you need to enter your pin and the amount that you want to withdraw. Collect your cash and don’t forget to withdraw your card.
Normally, the first initial transactions are free to undertake however if you are withdrawing money regularly then a certain amount of fees will be deducted as per your bank rules.
There is a very easy procedure that you need to follow. You need to first stick your card into the space provided and then enter all of the information. A receipt having information related to your bank account will be released.
Do not panic and do not pull out the card aggressively out of the ATM when it is stuck. You need to call the guard and explain to him your problem and he will help you to release your card.